Specialized in the design, R&D, manufacturing, and sales of aluminum curtain wall materials
Specialized in the design, R&D, manufacturing, and sales of aluminum curtain wall materials
The Inspection Requirements of the Aluminum Veneer's Paint Film Thickness
Based on GB/T23443-2009 "Definition of the Aluminum Veneer for Building Decoration", the aluminum veneer refers to a veneer panel for architectural decoration which is made of aluminum or aluminum alloy as the base material and then processed to have a protective and decorative coating or an anodized film on the surface.
Today, electrostatic spraying technology is commonly used in the process of spraying aluminum veneers in the industry. However, the electrostatic spraying has a high demand on the temperature and humidity of the spray-painting room. Once handled wrongly, the quality of the painting coating will be greatly affected. As for the electrostatic spraying, it is divided into powder coating and liquid coating.
After painting, drying, and natural air cooling, the quality inspection before veneers leaving the factory will be carried out, mainly including film thickness detection and color difference detection. Here is the introduction to the film thickness detection. The detection is commonly performed by the film thickness gauge. There are three concepts that need to be introduced briefly which are local film thickness, average film thickness, and minimum local film thickness. The local film thickness refers to the mean value obtained by measuring the film thickness for at least 3 times on the inspected area covering no more than 1㎝²on the decorative surface of the aluminum veneer. Average film thickness means the average mean obtained by measuring partial film thickness at not less than 5 areas (including 4 corners and 1 central point) on the decorative surface of the aluminum veneer. While as for the minimum local film thickness, it is the minimum mean by measuring several partial local film thickness values on the decorative surface of the aluminum veneer. These three parameters are all very important.
During the liquid spraying process, it requires the average film thickness to be no less than 30μm (3×10∧-5m) for the second fluorocarbon coating while the smaller local film thickness should reach 25μm. It requires the average film thickness to be not less than 40μm for the third fluorocarbon coating while the smaller local film thickness should be equal or greater than 34μm. For the fourth fluorocarbon coating, it requires the average film thickness to be great than or equal to 65μm while the smaller local film thickness 55μm. The average film thickness for the polyester liquid spray should be greater than or equal to 25μm while the smaller local film thickness 20μm.
In the process of powder coating, the smaller partial film thickness for the fluorocarbon coating should be greater than or equal to 30μm while the film thickness for the polyester spray 40μm.
How to Maintain the Aluminum Veneer Curtain Wall in Use?
The aluminum veneer curtain wall enjoys a relatively long service life, and some maintenance is required for the wall during the service period. In order to make the aluminum veneer curtain wall display the beauty and safety of the building for a long time, the maintenance is necessary. The aluminum veneer curtain wall has good self-cleaning property and corrosion resistance, so it does not require long-term maintenance. However, it can't be ignored.
(1) During the warranty period, the aluminum veneer curtain wall should be regularly inspected by the suppliers. Once there are hidden quality problems, they should solve the problems immediately.
(2) The rubber strip and glue injection should be inspected at any time. If the aluminum veneer curtain wall falls off or gets damaged, it should be replaced or repaired in time. At present, domestic and imported silicone adhesive is commonly used in China and can't be used until it has passed the compatibility test performed by the testing unit designated by the state. It should be noticed that the repairing process cannot be carried out until the aluminum veneer curtain wall is fully solidified which takes about 24 hours.
(3) It requires regular cleaning by the window cleaning machine.
(4) The repairing on the surface of the aluminum veneer curtain wall: The local damage or scratches should be repaired by the refinishing paint.
The Installation Process of the Aluminum Veneer Ceiling
The aluminum veneer ceiling can be seen everywhere and is widely used in interior decoration due to its perfect decorative effect. In addition to the product selection, the installation process of the aluminum veneer ceiling is also important. If being installed correctly, it can display a better decorative effect and is more refined in the details.
1. Mark the standard line: Mark the horizontal line based on the floor and design. Mark the horizontal line of the ceiling along the wall, determine the center of the room, mark the horizontal line along the ceiling, and then draw the split position line of the keel on the wall centering on the central point of the room.
2. Install the boom of the main keel: After fixing the horizontal line of the ceiling and position of the boom, determine the installation elevation of the lower end of the boom, then install the pre-machined ceiling and fix it on the ceiling with diameter 8 of expansion anchor bolts. The boom is made of round steel with a diameter of 8 and the spacing between the hanging bar should be within 1200mm.
3. Install the main keel: The main keel generally adopts C38 light steel keel, and the spacing is controlled within 1200mm. When installing, the hanger matched with the main keel is attached to the boom.
4. Install the side keel: Based on the net height of the ceiling, fix 25*25mm baking varnished keel with cement nails around the wall and keep the spacing between the cement nails not more than 300mm.
5. Install the secondary keel: According to the dimension and size of the aluminum ceiling, install the secondary keel that is matched with the plate, and then hung the secondary keel on the main keel through the hanging pieces. When the length of the secondary keel needs to be extended, connect the pieces by the secondary keel. While hanging the secondary keel, connect the opposite ends, straighten it up, and fix it.
6. Install the metal plate: When installing the aluminum ceiling, draw a reference line to the vertical direction of the sub keel in the middle of the assembly area and then begin the installation by aligning the reference line to both sides. It should be noted that everything should be handled with care. Both sides of the square plate must be gently pressed in the order of the flanging area, and then, are inserted it into the keel and pushed tightly.
7. Cleaning: After finishing installing the aluminum ceiling, the surface should be wiped clean by the cloth and no dirt or fingerprints can be left on it.
The Effect of Quality Control on the Quality of the Aluminum Veneers
Quality control process is a comprehensive process involving from raw materials purchase, production and processing, products manufacturing, finished products inspection to the storage, and after-sales tracking, complete quality control, and management chain. Good quality control management makes it possible to manufacture high-quality products.
Aluminum veneer manufacturers usually are those processing and manufacturing enterprises. The medium for the dialogue between manufacturers and customers is aluminum veneer products. This product is mainly used in the construction field. The quality and relevant parameter standards are rigid and inflexible, which requires the aluminum veneers to be of high-quality. Otherwise, the construction will be defective due to the product quality problems, and then more troubles will come.
The other important reason for aluminum veneer manufacturers to perform quality control lies in the processing particularity of the aluminum veneer enterprises. There are a lot of production processes for aluminum processing. Almost every process from raw materials purchase, sheet metal processing, paint spraying, to finished products delivery, may affect the quality of aluminum veneer products. The uncontrollability of the intermediate process highlights the importance of quality control.
Aluminum veneer manufacturers must focus on quality control. They need to be detail-oriented for creating a perfect brand and getting good customer reviews.
The Knowledge about the Aluminum Veneer Selection
Nowadays, during the decoration of the aluminum veneer, there is not enough attention paid to the selection of the aluminum veneer by the owners. Even for those owners who attach great importance to the aluminum veneers, they mainly focus on the appearance of the products. Many people may not know very well about how to choose aluminum veneers for different installation environments and most of them are casual when buying the aluminum veneers, which will affect the use of the products. For solving those problems, the knowledge about the purchase of aluminum veneers will be explained.
First The Installation of the Aluminum Veneer
The surface treatment of the aluminum veneer differs from its being placed outdoors or indoors. If it is placed outdoors, it will suffer long-term exposure to sunlight, wind, and rain, which requires it to be sprayed with fluorocarbon. The fluorocarbon layer can effectively resist the erosion of the acid rain, air pollution, and ultraviolet light and ensures the aluminum veneer does not change its color, fade, peel off, burst, or powder. If it is placed indoors, it can be treated with the dusting process on the surface which is relatively inexpensive.
Second The Color of the Aluminum Veneer
Whether the aluminum veneer is placed outdoors or indoors, its style should match with the installation environment, which requires a high demand on the color. Then the designers of the aluminum veneer manufacturers will design based on customers' requirements and then begin the production.
What is an aluminum veneer?
The aluminum veneer is generally treated by chromizing, and then treated with fluorocarbon coating. Fluorocarbon coatings mainly refer to polyvinylidene fluoride resin (KANAR500), which are divided into primer, topcoat, and varnish. There are generally three different coating ways including the second coating, third coating, and fourth coating. Fluorocarbon coating has excellent corrosion resistance and weather resistance. It can resist acid rain, salt, fog, and various air contaminants and has excellent cold and heat resistance. Additionally, it can resist strong ultraviolet radiation and won't fade or powder for a long time and enjoys a long service life.
The aluminum veneer is mainly composed of panels, reinforced rebar, and steel bracket. The maximum size of the shaped workpiece can reach 8000mm × 1800mm (L × W).
The coating adopts American PPG, Valspar from the United States, AkzoNobel from the Netherlands, KCC from South Korea, and other coatings from the famous brands. The coating process includes two coatings and one baking, or three coatings and two bakings, which makes the coating of the aluminum veneer reach the AAMA2605－98 standard of AAMA, American Architectural Manufacturers Association and ASCA.
Normal Thickness: 1.5mm, 2.0mm, 2.5mm
Normal Specifications: 600*600mm, 600*1200mm
1. Light weight, good rigidity, and high strength. As for the 3.0mm thick aluminum plate, its plate per square meter weighs 8kg and it has a tensile strength of 100-280n/mm2.
2. Good durability and corrosion resistance. PVDF fluorocarbon paint with kynar-500 and hylur500 as the base materials is used for ensuring the product no fading for over 25 years.
3. Good craftsmanship. Firstly process the aluminum veneer and then perform the painting process. The aluminum veneer can be processed into various complex shapes like plane, arc, and sphere.
4. Uniform coating and various colors. The advanced electrostatic spraying technology makes the paint and aluminum veneer attached evenly. There are various colors for customers to choose from.
5. It is not easy to stain and is easy to clean and maintain. The non-adhesive property of the fluorine coating film makes the product difficult to be attached to the contaminants and endows it with a good cleansing property.
6. Installation and construction are convenient and easy. The aluminum veneer is shaped in the factory and it requires no cutting at the construction site and can be fixed on the center of the framework.
7. It can be recycled and reused, which is conducive to environmental protection. The aluminum veneer can be 100% recycled and has a high salvage value different from the decorative materials, such as glass, stone, ceramics, and aluminum-plastic board.
Materials and Cost
The aluminum veneer generally uses 2-4mm thick pure aluminum veneer or AA3003 and other high-quality aluminum alloy plates. In China, 2.5mm thick AA3003 aluminum alloy plates are generally used. The aluminum-plastic composite board usually adopts a 3-4mm three-layer structure including 0.5mm thick PVC or PE on the upper and bottom of the product. According to the materials, the manufacturing cost of the aluminum-plastic composite panels is much lower than that of the aluminum veneers. In the market, the composite board with a thickness of 4mm costs lower than the 2.5mm thick aluminum veneer by 120 yuan per square. It means that it saves 1.2 million yuan on using the aluminum-plastic panels than aluminum veneer when completing a 10,000-square project.
1. The exterior walls of the building, beams, balconies, and canopies
2. Airport, station, and hospital
3. Conference hall and opera house
5. Reception hall and other high-rise buildings
1. Install the closed edges on the same level.
2. It requires different frameworks according to different requirements, such as fixed L50*50*5mm angle steel and fixed pre-embedded aluminum pendants. Different products determine various fixing methods.
3. Buckle the hanging piece pre-installed on the keel and the gusset plate keel tightly close to the light steel keel under the light steel keel in the vertical direction.
4. Buckle the plates on the keel in order. After finishing one plate, press the reverse lock piece and connect the keel by the connectors.
5. The board must be installed with gloves. If there are fingerprints or stains left on the board, they can be cleaned by the dishwashing liquid.
1. Lighting Protection
It has long been a matter of debate that people have always thought that the aluminum veneer is made of pure aluminum and its conductivity is better. To address this problem, ALUSUISSESINGEN GMBH, a German company, carried out lightning-proof tests with two different materials in a military laboratory in Germany. The result shows that both the aluminum composite panel and aluminum veneer can be anti-lightning during the instantaneous lightning strikes by adopting curtain wall connection method. The continuous current by the lightning strikes makes it easy to melt at the metal plate or metal surface layer on the area hit by the lightning. However, with the good insulation of the polyethylene core in the center of the aluminium-plastic composite panel, the lightning can only damage the surface of the panel. From this perspective, the aluminum-plastic composite board has better lightning strike resistance than the aluminum veneer.
As is known to us that the aluminum veneer is incombustible. In the early period, the aluminum-plastic composite panel is not fireproof. However, with the advancement of the aluminum-plastic composite panel technology, the fireproof aluminum-plastic composite panel has greatly improved its fire-proof performance by adding non-toxic and flame-retardant materials to its PE, which has fully met the requirements of the engineering fire fighting system.
3. Scrap Value
The aluminum veneer has a certain scrap value. However, because of the high cost, it causes much larger waste than that of the aluminum-plastic composite panels which have almost no scrap value.
In conclusion, the aluminum veneer and aluminum-plastic composite panel have their own advantages. However, from a greater perspective, aluminum-plastic composite panels are more affordable and environmentally friendly.
Detailed Introduction to the Flows and Requirements of the Aluminum Veneer's Production Process
Many customers often ask about and show great interest in the production process of aluminum veneers, and the following is the simple explanation of the veneer on behalf of the manufacturers. There are four major steps of the aluminum veneer's processes which are respectively veneer cutting, corner punching, grinding, and the installation of the reinforcing bar.
Here are some key points about the four major steps:
First: Aluminum Veneer’s Cutting
1. Get the determinate quota of the materials according to the task list of the production department, confirm the model including 1100, 3003, 3004, and 5005 and specifications of the obtained aluminum veneer.
Having a deep understanding of the drawings
2. Check the quality of the surface of the aluminum veneer for three times and ensure there are no rust, stains, potholes, or delamination. In addition, the defects including the tied waves, venting holes, severe bumps, scratches, and obvious cracks at the R corner after bending are not allowed. The raw materials quality should be monitored and problems should be brought timely to the professionals. Cracks are strictly forbidden.
3. According to the size requirements of the cutting materials on the drawings, finish programming on the computer and double check it before cutting the materials on the plate shearing machine.
Notes: Read the unfolded size and number of the drawing, carefully program based on the operating procedure of the shearing machine, and then check whether the quality of the first finished product meets the requirements.
The Second: Aluminum Veneer’s Corner Punching
1. Confirm the identification of the workpiece, clearly understand the technical requirements of the drawing on cutting materials and products, and get to know the intention of the drawings and construction.
2. Based on the initial position of the duct corner and the spacing between the duct corners, adjust the positioning on the corresponding molds and check it with special measuring tool for more than 2 times.
3. Carry out the punching work on the automatic punching machine and strictly follow relevant regulations to perform.
4. As for two holes of the same duct corner, the punching spacing is determined by the length of the duct corner required by the drawings.
5. When punching, the spacing between the holes is determined by the height dimension of the duct corner specified in the drawing. (It should be in accordance with the duct corner to ensure the product quality.)
The Third: Aluminum Veneer’s Grinding
1. The grinding procedure: 1. Grind the aluminum veneer with the sanding wheel --------- Use a file or rough sandpaper to grind the aluminum veneer --------- Grinding by the fine sandpaper
2. The grinding parts: (1) welding, (2) There are defects on the surface. (3) sharp points, (4) edges and tooth
3. Grinding requirements: (1) The intersecting line should be distinct; (2) The round corners are smooth and consistent; (3) The bent edge of the plate has no tumor marks and tooth forms. It is smooth and flat and is designed with a round arc at the corner. (4) There are no scratches on the surface or grinding marks on the grinding wheel.
The Fourth: The Installation of the Aluminum Veneer’s Reinforcing Bar
1. The installation spacing of the reinforcing bar is normally 500-600mm based on the technical requirements of the product drawings.
2. In principle, the reinforced bar is made of extruded materials which have the thickness of 3mm and the hardness of over 12. The profiles are extruded by the extruding machine and hardened materials are processed in a given period of time.
3. The spacing of the stud is less than 250mm which is 30-50mm away from the edges. The holes must be of a rounded rectangle with a dimension of 8*15mm. The reinforcing bar must be installed in the right place.
The above is the detailed production process summarized by the aluminum veneer manufacturers. If you want to know more about the aluminum veneer, please connect Carlos at any time.